Derech HaMelech

The Weekly Raid From Galus

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Chanukah Ner Rishon

I saw this article on the Failed Messiah blog http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messiahcom/2008/12/matisyahu-chaba.html and wanted to respond. But I won't. I think that Matisyahu is confused and searching right now and probably needs some guidance, especially after starting to drop F-bombs on stage and even in one of his new songs (almost) on the Shattered EP. Although I can understand some of his claims, he seems to be moving directionless into a dangerous area, without a real spiritual adviser i.e. a Rov or a Rebbe who's not his personal therapist. We will have to wait patiently and see how it turns out. He is still an incredible performer and musician, I'm just a little worried about which direction he is headed in. I hope that the lights of Chanukah take him and all of us further away from our own personal exiles and bring us towards more holiness - malin b'kodesh v 'ein moridin.

No comments:

Post a Comment